" No one ever asked me how it felt to be me, but when I told the truth about that; I felt free!" -The Help

Monday, January 2, 2012

You might be in ministry if...

I promise if you are a pastors wife, pastors husband, pastors kid, pastors grandkid or pastor yourself you are well aware of it.
But...just in case you need a little affirmation that you are indeed in ministry I have compiled a list of ways you can be sure...

*You are on your way home from your family Christmas Eve party at 11pm (on Christmas Eve) and your husband says...I gotta run by the church on the way home real quick.

*Your husband get's called away from Christmas worship with his family in the middle of service by an  usher who says there are some "unruly" teenagers in the balcony that need to be talked too.

*Your 4 year old may or may not have been halfway down the church isle at Christmas service playing with a Thomas Train...See above regarding husbands absence in church.

*You have to stop by the church on the day after Christmas because you forgot the DELICIOUS homemade applesauce someone made you for Christmas there. Between the two children, car seat, coats, diaper bag, purse, sunday school papers, plate of Christmas goodies and your sanity you just didn't have enough hands to grab it on the way.

*Your husband is asked to help deconstruct the large Christmas decorations in the church the day after Christmas, you hear these words come out of your mouth "I was hoping we wouldn't have to go to the church at all today"...

*Many of your husbands sentences begin with the words..."I'm not sure if you read this in the bulletin or not but...."

*You plan your vacation days around your church's calendar every year.

*You nick name your favorite TV Show "Post-Modern Family."

*You find yourself ecstatic when you find a Geoff Moore and the Distance CD for .50 at Hastings!!...ok so that could be anyone born in the 80's I guess.

*You're at a holiday party and someone asks you the reference to a Bible verse, after all...you are a pastors wife!

Not that any of these things have happened to me...I'm just sayin'....

3 comments:

  1. I just came across a quote on Pinterest, and it made me think of you... "Some people just need a high-five... in the face... with a chair..." I may or may not have laughed out-loud. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've pretty much just summed up my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might be a pastor's spouse if you dread the holiday hangover... not from drinking alcohol but from church activities.

    ReplyDelete