" No one ever asked me how it felt to be me, but when I told the truth about that; I felt free!" -The Help

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Same car?!

I can count on one hand the amount of times this has happened, and it was amazing! My husband and I actually drove to church in the Same.car! My poor 4 year old was so confused. He kept asking things in the morning like "Daddy, when are you leaving for church?" "Can I go with daddy?" "Is mommy's car broken?"  When we came out of church that morning our son yelled "i want to go with daddy this time" and we both looked at each other and said how bout you go with mommy AND daddy! How exciting!

My status on Facebook that morning said something to the effect of what a wonderful morning it was because we all got to go in the same car to church! Out of the 11 people who either commented or "liked" my status, 8 of them were pastors wives! Apparently we all understand the concept of 2 cars to church on sunday morning. I am just waiting for the day when the boys can drive and we will have 3 cars at church!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy do I relate to that! In the 4+ years that we have been here we have all gone to church together 1 time and Asher wasn't even born yet! (With the exception of the few times one car has been in the shop and I've had to get the kids up to drop Seth off at the church at 6 or 7am and then go home to get everyone ready....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joye, this is a fabulous idea and perfect timing for me since I'm just beginning my journey as a pastor's wife. God will most definitely use this tool to encourage, inspire, and bring laughter to us wives in ministry. I'm so thankful you are living out your dream by creating this blog. Thank you, my dear Sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! I know so many servants of the church can relate as well

    ReplyDelete